Question set 7 + weekly update!
Q: What have you learned about interacting with clients/customers (if applicable)?
A: I have not worked with clients or customers for the museum.
Q: What strategies lead to more effective client/customer relations?
A: I didn't get experience with this, but I would imagine that clear communication and listening are some of the most important things. A client may or may not know what they want, but it's the designer's job to listen to the client's needs and communicate clearly about what the design should accomplish.
This week I finished up a design for the enewsletter and sent it to Maggie to see what she thinks. In making the newsletter look more current and modern, I did not change very much about the layout, but changing the design of the thing was integral. The colors used and the amount of those colors used played a big part in why the newsletter looked so dated. Both the green and the brown used were very desaturated, and they were located throughout the newsletter in big solid places. I took out the brown altogether, and only used the green sparingly. I could not find on donorview where I could make new buttons, so I made pngs to use as buttons in the newsletter.
The newsletter also had a lot of centered text, which contributed to the dated feel as well.
Here is what the newsletter looked like before I started:


Comments
Post a Comment