Question set 8 + weekly update!

Q: What role do the designers at your site play in the development of concepts and strategies for its clients/customers?

A: Since the museum doesn't really have designers, the rest of the staff have to sometimes wear the designer hat. It seems that a lot of designs they use, they either make themselves, or they use from what previous interns set up for them. The things they design are usually for guiding the customers through the exhibitions in a way that is clear and not confusing. 

Q: Based on your experience on the job so far, have you determined whether this field is right for you? Why or why not?

A: I have had a good time working here, but I think I would rather be doing something in UX/UI design, web development, or video game design. I love art, and have always loved anything to do with museums, but I have found in the past few semesters that my passions really lie in creating interactive things. Like I said, I had a great time and I feel like I learned a lot, but I think I would find my work more exciting and rewarding if I were doing UX/UI or video game design. 

This week, I started work on a new project, a brochure for the museum's guided tours. I have a fair amount of creative freedom, but of course I am trying to stay close to the museum's established branding. Using colors, typefaces, etc. that are close to what the museum uses already will make sure that museum visitors and members will not feel confused, or like the brochure is out of place. Right now, I am organizing the information in the brochure so that reading it will feel natural, and the flow of information feels in the right order. Designing a brochure is an interesting thing I've found, because information hierarchy is pretty different than on things I am used to designing. Having the trifold almost adds a user interaction element to it.

Comments

Popular Posts