Question set 6 + weekly update!

 Question set 6

Q: What outside influences impact your employer and their business? For example, are there licensing issues, state statutes, economic concerns, or other external pressures that play a big role in the success of this business? What are they, and how do they impact this business?

A: Since the BRAHM is a nonprofit, it relies heavily on member donations. Because of this, keeping members engaged and getting more people to become members is essential for this business to run. The e newsletter that I am working on now is part of how members stay in the loop, so it is an important opportunity to keep current members giving money to the museum.

Weekly update!

This week has been pretty rough, as I have been dealing with a case of bronchitis that took me out for the better part of the week. I've decided that donorview is limiting my creative process a bit with all of its constraints, so I have taken some of the elements and started to design in indesign instead, with the intent to design an e newsletter there, and recreate it in donorview. I think that by working this way, I can be more free with my process and come out with better design. There are certain constraints I still have to work within such as color palette and font choices. Donorview only has a handful of fonts to choose from, and there does not seem to be a way to add more fonts. 

In an attempt to make the newsletter look more current, but also still readable, I am changing several things in the newsletter, such as linked buttons (giving them hard corners instead of rounded edges, making them outlines instead of filled in with color), color in the newsletter (darker colors, but using more white space, making it feel more contemporary and high end), and making a template for pictures in the newsletter that make them look more dimensional and interesting.

These are the things going through my mind right now, so I am working to make these things happen in donorview, and make them happen in a way that can be easily replicated, so that BRAHM can keep using this template after my internship is over.

Comments

Popular Posts