Question set 4
Q: What marketing strategies does your company make use of?
A: The BRAHM uses its website and social media accounts to advertise and talk about upcoming events. They post about the museum in a way that leans into its educational value, highlighting the many events they hold which are aimed at children, as well as events that focus of specific types of art, such as plein air painting. They also use weekly emails to get news out to those who sign up for them.
Q: Do you feel these are effective? How could they be made more effective?
A: I think that this is effective for their audience. They update their instagram and facebook consistently with these events, and the posts are the same for both. I think that an improvement could be made in reaching out to new people to support the museum. Something that might be really interesting to see would be paid ads on social medias like facebook. This would allow the museum to reach out to more people in the area, possibly reaching people who may not have known that there was a museum in Blowing Rock. There is a large art community in Boone, and I think that the BRAHM is not as well known to this community. Another way to improve reaching out to the community would be visits to App State art classes, especially beginning classes such as drawing 1. A lot of new students especially may not know about the museum, and it would be beneficial to start fostering a relationship with people early in their college careers at App.
Highlights/ issues:
Work has been a bit slow still. I think that because of working remotely, communication is suffering. I will be dedicating Monday to finishing the tasks I have been given, so hopefully I can start on something new and get more hours in. I am starting to worry that I will have to put a lot of hours in towards the end to get enough to meet the minimum for my credits.
That is the only issue I am having right now, but I love the work I am doing!
Comments
Post a Comment