Question set 3, and update on work!
Q: Who at your workplace do you particularly admire or look up to?
A: I've been working with Gabe, the exhibition curator, and I really admire him and his work at the museum.
Q: What qualities does this individual exhibit that you appreciate or aspire to?
A: He has been with the museum for only a few months so far, but he has visions and ideas for the space and for exhibitions that would be really good for the museum. I've talked with him briefly about how he envisions museum materials and making things accessible and navigable to the visitors. I think that his ambitions and willingness to try things he isn't used to doing is admirable.
— — —
This week I have been working on identifying where each piece is in the space, so that I can make the guide. However, the project was changed. The board of directors decided that a museum guide in the form of a pamphlet or book was asking too much of the visitors, so we are now going to make guides that go on the tables (like the tombstone cards, but grouped together on a larger card). Luckily, I had not done too much yet with putting the info in a pamphlet, so I don't have to scrap anything I already did.
I found most of the items and was able to match them with their place on the tables, but there were a handful of things that were not in the binder, or that I didn't recognize from the pictures I took. A lot of these things are probably from the extra group of pieces which are on loan for the exhibition, and were not included in the binder. I have sent my list to Gabe to get his input on the remaining items.
Highlights: I've found that I really like arranging and organizing information. I've really enjoyed going through all of the info from the binder and making maps of the space with it!
Issues: The project changing was a bit of an issue, but all I had to change was my way of thinking about it! I hadn't really started making the booklet yet.
Comments
Post a Comment