Question set 2!

 Q: What have you learned about the company and its history?

A: So far, I have just been working with Gabe on the ceramics exhibition, and have only been there in person to work a couple of times, so I had to do a bit of research for this question set. I discovered that the museum was started in 2001 in Blowing Rock, and opened to the public in 2011. It was previously open only to members. It is a non-profit organization, and is supported and sponsored by several local businesses and non-profit partners, which are listed on its website. The museum offers exhibitions of many kinds, as well as educational programs.

Q: How has it changed in recent years to reflect changes in the economy or its business focus?

A: Opening to the public in 2011 was a big change in its business focus, now the museum is focused on a wider audience than just its members. There are still paying members, but they are no longer the only audience for the museum. They also have local sponsors to help with funding, so membership is not the only way that money is coming in, though members are still where most of the money comes in. 

Most of this information is what I gleaned from the museum's 10th anniversary book on its history, found here: https://www.blowingrockmuseum.org/history


This week for the internship work, I continued to gather information from the binder, to make the museum guide.

Comments

Popular Posts